Ø  You’ve been accepted to an officially recognized higher education institution in Germany.

Ø  You can provide proof of a secondary school diploma enabling you to study at a higher education institution, or proof of a recognized degree or diploma from a higher education institution.

Ø  You can cover your costs of living for the duration of your studies.

Ø  You might be required to provide proof of the language skills required for your study program.



Ø  The residence permit for study purposes can be issued for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years.

Ø   If you have not obtained your degree within this time, you can request to have your residence permit extended.

Ø  Throughout your studies you may work 120 full days or 240 half days, in addition to performing student jobs.

Ø  After successfully obtaining your degree, you can extend your stay in Germany by applying for a residence permit for jobseekers. The residence permit is issued for up to 18 months as a means to find qualified employment in Germany.

Ø   You are allowed to perform any job while searching for qualified employment. As soon as you’ve received a job offer, you can apply directly in Germany to have your residence permit for study purposes converted into a work permit for qualified professionals or into an EU Blue Card.