• Official name: Hungary
• Area: 93 022 km2
• Population: 9 797 561 (2017)
• Official language: Hungarian
• Currency: Forint (HUF)
• Capital & largest city: Budapest (population: 1 729 04)
• Other large cities: Debrecen, Szeged, Miskolc, Pécs, Győr
• Neighbouring countries: Austria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia
• Hungary is a member of OECD, NATO, EU and the Schengen Convention.
Hungary is among the top tourist destinations in Europe with the capital Budapest regarded as one of the most beautiful cities worldwide. Despite its relatively small size, the country is home to numerous World Heritage Sites, UNESCO Biosphere Reserves, the second largest thermal lake in the world (Lake Hévíz), the largest lake in Central Europe (Lake Balaton), and the largest natural grassland in Europe (Hortobágy).
Hungary is becoming an increasingly popular study abroad destination, having gained great credibility over the years and has a very strong tradition in the sciences, particularly medicine. Beyond high-quality education, Hungary also offers a lively and welcoming culture, a fascinating history, and beautiful cities.
For more information contact us at Univisa.